Spectacular Spanakorizo Recipe: This Easy Greek Spinach Rice Recipe Is Country Cooking the Greek Way by 30Seconds Food
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 27 minutes
Total Time: 32 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (try Greek olive oil)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped chives or chopped green onion tops
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 bag (5 ounces) baby spinach
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 cups vegetable broth or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon zest
- feta cheese, for garnish (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, chives and parsley. Cook about 30 seconds, stirring.
- Add the spinach and cook until it wilts, about 2 minutes.
- Add the broth and rice. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and cook until rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Add the butter, lemon juice and lemon zest. Stir to combine. Garnish with crumbled feta cheese, chopped parsley and lemon slices.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Sauté Pans $10 & Up
Basmati Rice $3 & Up
Vegetable Broth $2 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Greek Olive Oil $10 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.