Summer Strawberry Bruschetta Recipe Is California Healthy & Refreshing by Donna John
On a trip to Sacramento, California, we enjoyed a refreshing strawberry bruschetta appetizer at a downtown winery. It was light, tasty, healthy and absolutely delish.
This is my take on that restaurant's strawberry and cheese bruschetta recipe that can be served warm or cold.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 to 3 minutes
Total Time: 6 to 8 minutes
- baguette or other crusty bread, sliced
- olive oil
- fresh strawberries, cleaned and sliced
- brie, provolone or white cheddar, cut into slices
- fresh mint or parsley, chopped
- shelled pistachios (optional)
- balsamic reduction (optional)
- fresh ground black pepper or sesame seeds, for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- If serving cold, put the baguette slices on a baking sheet and brush with a little olive oil. Toast under a broiler until lightly browned. Remove and cool. Top with the sliced cheese, strawberries, mint or parsley, pistachios and drizzle with the balsamic reduction, if using. Top with a few grinds of fresh black pepper or sesame seeds, if desired.
- To serve hot, put the baguette slices on a baking sheet. Brush with the olive oil and broil until lightly toasted. Add the cheese and broil until cheese melts. Top with the strawberries, mint or parsley, pistachios (if using) and balsamic reduction (if using). Finish with a little black pepper or sesame seeds.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.