Triple Lemon Snack Cake Recipe: Easy Lemon Cake Recipe Is Sweet Lemon Overload by 30Seconds Food
Snack cakes are perfect when you just have a few people to feed – or don't want a huge cake in the house. Some start with a box cake mix, but for this lemon cake recipe, we are doing it the old-fashioned way – from scratch!
This easy lemon snack cake recipe has a lemon syrup and lemon glaze. It may be one layer, but it's not lacking in lemon flavor.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- dash of salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 stick butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/8 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- milk or nut milk, if needed
Here's how to make it:
- To make the cake, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, cream the butter, sugar and lemon with an electric mixer for about 3 minutes. Add the eggs and vanilla. Beat until just combined.
- Slowly start adding in the flour mixture, alternating with the buttermilk, until everything is combined.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9-inch round baking pan. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool the cake about 10 minutes then invert onto a serving plate.
- To make the lemon syrup, combine all the ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second intervals until melted and smooth.
- To make the lemon glaze, combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Mix until it's pourable, but not too thin, adding milk if needed.
- Poke holes all over the cake. Pour the hot lemon syrup into the holes, allowing it to soak in.
- Pour the lemon glaze over the cooled cake. Garnish with lemon zest.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
9-inch Round Baking Pans $5 & Up
Electric Mixers $15 & Up
Stand Mixers $40 & Up
Flour $3 & Up
Baking Powder $2 & Up
Baking Soda $1 & Up
Powdered Sugar $3 & Up
Vanilla Extract $4 & Up
Granulated Sugar $2 & Up
Toothpicks $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.