Watermelon Lemonade Recipe: Watermelon + Lemonade = Nothing Better by 30Seconds Food
"Here’s a fun fact: watermelon is 92 percent water, which means it can help keep you hydrated and feeling full between meals. It also can aid in digestion," says Rachel Maser, mom of four and founder/creator of the clean eating blog, Clean Food Crush®.
Here's your shopping list for this refreshing watermelon lemonade recipe: fresh seedless watermelon, lemon juice (or lime juice) and raw honey. "Always use freshly squeezed lemon/lime juice from an actual fresh lemon/lime. Bottled lemon juice from the store will give your lemonade a strange metallic or overly acidic taste," Rachel adds.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes and 3 hours to freeze watermelon
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes and 3 hours to freeze watermelon
- 8 cups seedless watermelon, cubed
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 4 cups ice
- fresh mint leaves
- watermelon slices
- lemon or lime wedges
- For the best result, squeeze your fresh lemon juice. Fresh is always best!
Here's how to make it:
- Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper. Lay your watermelon cubes in a single layer on the prepared tray. Freeze for at least 3 hours.
- Place your frozen watermelon cubes, lemon/lime juice, honey and ice into a blender. Blend until smooth. If you like it a bit more sour, then add more lemon/lime juice to taste.
- Serve your cold watermelon lemonade immediately or refrigerate for later on. Stays good for about 24 hours in the fridge. Give it a stir before serving.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Clean Food Crush®.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.