Fluffy Cinnamon Pancake Recipe With Cinnamon Glaze Is a Smile About to Happen by 30Seconds Food
We know the picture of these cinnamon pancakes made you smile. So can you imagine eating them? Mmm. (You're thinking about it, right?) Make this easy cinnamon pancake recipe with a sweet cinnamon glaze and crunchy chopped pecans this weekend. Or how about breakfast for dinner?
These fluffy homemade cinnamon pancakes start with a pancake batter made with flour, brown sugar, baking powder, ground cinnamon, milk or nut milk, an egg, melted butter and vanilla extract. The pancakes are cooked on a griddle or in a skillet until golden on both sides. The warm pancakes are topped with a cinnamon glaze made with butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla and ground cinnamon. Oh, my! Top the pancakes with the glaze and chopped pecans. Is this dessert or breakfast? Who cares!
You could make them gluten-free by using gluten-free flour. If you don't want to make the cinnamon glaze, top the pancakes with pancake syrup, maple syrup, honey or whipped cream.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: Makes about 8 pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups milk or nut milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- finely chopped pecans
Here's how to make it:
- To make the cinnamon glaze, microwave the cream cheese for about 30 seconds. Stir until smooth. Add the butter, powdered sugar and cinnamon. Mix well to combine. (If you want a thinner glaze, add a little milk.)
- To make the pancakes, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and cinnamon. Whisk together.
- In another bowl, combine the milk, egg, butter and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined.
- Melt a little butter in a skillet. Add the pancake batter, using about 1/4 cup for each pancake. Cook until bubbles start to form, then flip and cook until cooked through, about 2 minutes per side.
- To serve, stack the pancakes and spread with the cinnamon glaze. Top with the chopped pecans and whipped cream, if desired.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.