Tomato Cake Recipe: Say What? Relax, This Tomato Bundt Cake Recipe Is Surprisingly Delish by Donna John
We make zucchini cake, zucchini bread and carrot cake, so why the puzzled face at a tomato cake? If you're like me and staring at all the green tomatoes on your tomato plants that will soon be ruby red, you are looking for new ways to use tomatoes. This easy tomato cake recipe is the answer.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 2 cups fresh tomato puree (from about 2 pounds of tomatoes)
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 sticks butter, softened
- 2 eggs
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cardamom and ginger in a bowl. Whisk to combine.
- In another bowl, beat the brown sugar, white sugar, butter and vanilla together with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add the eggs and beat well. Stir in the tomato puree.
- Combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients.
- Pour the batter into a greased bundt pan. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool about 5 minutes then invert on a serving platter.
- If using the glaze, combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Drizzle over the cake.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.