Epic Greek Chicken Sandwich Recipe With Lemon Dill Sauce Will Make You Look Forward to Sandwich Night by 30Seconds Food
We think it's time for sandwich night! This incredible chicken sandwich recipe has a creamy lemon dill sauce and is topped with fresh veggies on a ... wait for it ... bagel! We told you it was time for sandwich night.
Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 2 hours minimum to marinate
Cook Time: 16 minutes
Total Time: 26 minutes plus 2 hours minimum to marinate
Servings: Makes about 6 sandwiches
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
Lemon Dill Sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped dill
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- bagels or sandwich buns
- lettuce or arugula
- sliced red onion
- sliced tomatoes
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil, red wine vinegar and oregano in a plastic zipper bag. Season with salt and pepper. Add the chicken and squish to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours and up to overnight.
- To make the dill sauce, combine all the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- When ready to cook, remove the chicken from the marinade. Cook the chicken in a skillet over medium-high heat, flipping, until browned and cooked through, about 6 to 8 minutes. You may have to do this in two batches so you don't overcrowd the pan.
- To serve, layer the chicken, lettuce, onion, tomato and sauce on a bagel or sandwich bun. Serve with extra dill sauce on the side.
- You could use all mayonnaise and omit the yogurt in the sauce or vice versa.
- You could keep the chicken breasts whole and cook on a grill then slice.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.