Skinny Salmon Tacos Recipe With Red Cabbage Cilantro Slaw & Chipotle Sauce by 30Seconds Food
What happens when Mediterranean meets Mexican food? This easy skinny salmon taco recipe with cabbage and cilantro slaw and chipotle sauce! How delicious does that sound for a light, healthy dinner?
The salmon fillets are seasoned with chili powder, ground cumin and oregano before being baked until moist and flaky. The cabbage slaw is finely shredded red cabbages, cilantro, green onions, minced jalapeno, lime juice and mayonnaise. So simple and refreshing. The creamy chipotle sauce is mayonnaise, sour cream, chipotle in adobo sauce, lime juice and garlic. Combine all those flavors and you have one tasty taco!
You could easily substitute leftover salmon in this fish taco recipe and cut the cooking time out. If you don't like salmon, try cod, redfish or tilapia instead. This tasty, flavor-packed 30-minute recipe will change how you think about taco night.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- salmon fillet (1 to 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- olive oil
Red Cabbage Cilantro Slaw
- 2 cups finely shredded red cabbage
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno (optional)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/8 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 chipotle in adobo sauce (here's how to save chipotles in adobo sauce for later)
- 1 - 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 clove garlic
- taco shells or tortillas
- lime wedges
Here's how to make it:
- To make the slaw, put the cabbage, cilantro, green onion and jalapeno into a bowl. Combine the lime juice and mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper. Add it to the cabbage mixture and toss to coat.
- To make the chipotle sauce, combine all the ingredients in a blender. Pulse until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- To make the salmon, put it onto a greased baking sheet. Brush with a little olive oil. Combine the chili powder, cumin and oregano. Season the salmon with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with the seasoning. Bake in a preheated 450-degree F oven for about 5 to 10 minutes, depending on how thick the fish is. Remove and flake into large chunks.
- To serve, fill taco shells or tortillas with some salmon, top with slaw and drizzle with the chipotle sauce. Garnish with lime wedges.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Baking Sheets $9 & Up
Ground Cumin $3 & Up
Chili Powder $3 & Up
Dried Oregano $3 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Mayonnaise $2 & Up
Chipotle in Adobo Sauce $3 & Up
Taco Shells $2 & Up
Tortillas $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.