Creamy Corn & Poblano Queso Dip Recipe Is Skillet Cheese Dip Snacking Done Right by 30Seconds Food
When you need something awesome to dip your tortilla chips into, there may be nothing more satisfying than this creamy corn and poblano cheese dip recipe. This easy skillet queso dip recipe takes only six ingredients and is ready in about 30 minutes.
Loaded with roasted poblano peppers and Monterey Jack cheese, this spicy appetizer recipe satisfies even the most serious queso cravings. And since this hearty snack dip uses corn on the cob, it has the fresh factor you can feel good about. This corn and cheese dip recipe is snacking done right (though it also makes a tasty side dish or sauce).
So grab your cast iron skillet, whip up a batch this weekend and enjoy the rave reviews. So easy, and so so delicious!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 3 ears corn on the cob
- olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 3 roasted poblano peppers, chopped (here's how to roast poblano peppers)
- 3 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy cream (optional)
- tortilla chips, for serving
Here's how to make it:
- Heat a cast iron skillet to high. Cook the corn until charred on all sides, about 10 minutes. Allow to cool slightly and cut the kernels off the cob. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in the skillet. Cook the onions until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the roasted poblanos and corn (you can save a little for garnish, if you'd like). Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cheese and heavy cream. Cook on low heat until cheese has melted. Garnish with fresh cilantro, chopped poblanos and corn, if desired. Serve warm with tortilla chips.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Cast Iron Skillets $10 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Tortilla Chips $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.