Healthy Spinach Pancakes Recipe: This Savory Pancake Recipe Is a Welcome Change of Pace by 30Seconds Food
Tired of the same old snacks and side dishes? This healthy spinach pancake recipe can be eaten as a snack with yogurt or hummus, served as a side dish or even used as the "bread" for a healthy sandwich. (Don't tell the kids there's spinach in it!)
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Servings: Makes about 12 to 15 pancakes (depending on size)
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves, packed
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour or gluten-free flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar or honey
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon butter, for cooking
Here's how to make them:
- Put the spinach, buttermilk, egg and oil into a blender. Blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir until combined.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet. Pour about 1 to 2 tablespoons of batter for each pancake into the skillet. Cook the first side about 2 to 3 minutes. Flip and cook another 1 to 2 minutes.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Blenders $20 & Up
Whole Wheat Flour $4 & Up
All Purpose Flour $3 & Up
Gluten-free Flour $4 & Up
Baking Powder $2 & Up
Baking Soda $1 & Up
Honey $3 & Up
Granulated Sugar $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.