Crispy Amish Cabbage Cakes Recipe Is a Delicious Side Dish or Appetizer by 30Seconds Food
Serve this easy recipe with yogurt, ranch dressing or sour cream for dipping. Don't like spinach? Leave it out!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 a small head cabbage, cored and sliced thin
- 1/3 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/3 cups Greek yogurt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet and cook the cabbage and onion until soft, about 8 minutes. Add the spinach and cook about 2 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, combine the yogurt, milk, oil and eggs. In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and garlic powder. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir to combine. Fold in the cabbage mixture.
- Melt the butter in a skillet. Pour the batter in like making pancakes and cook until bubbles start to appear, then flip and cook until cooked through, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets $10 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Flour $3 & Up
Baking Powder $2 & Up
Baking Soda $1 & Up
Garlic Powder $2 & Up
Vegetable Oil $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.