20-Minute Super Crunchy Southern Fried Chicken Breast Recipe for the Win by 30Seconds Food
Chicken fried chicken is a southern staple. This easy herb chicken fried chicken recipe has the addition of thyme, rosemary and chives. A classic elevated.
This chicken dinner is made with boneless chicken breasts, dry breadcrumbs, thyme, rosemary, chives, flour, seasoned salt, an egg and olive oil. First, create a dredging station by putting the breadcrumbs and herbs onto a plate, the beaten egg into a bowl and the flour and seasoned salt into another bowl. Heat the olive oil in a skillet and then dredge the chicken in the flour, then egg then breadcrumbs. Fry the chicken until crispy, golden brown and cooked through.
Serve this easy southern chicken recipe with your favorite side dish, vegetable or salad. The leftovers make a mean chicken sandwich!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2- to 1/4-inch thickness
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh or dried chives
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Here’s how to make it:
- Put the breadcrumbs and herbs on a plate. Toss to combine. Put the egg in a bowl and beat well. Put the flour and seasoned salt in a bowl. Stir to combine.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Dip the chicken into the flour, then into the egg, then into the herb breadcrumbs, pressing so they adhere.
- Cook the chicken in the olive oil until browned on both sides and cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Large Skillets $10 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Flour $3 & Up
Seasoned Salt $3 & Up
Dry Breadcrumbs $3 & Up
Dried Thyme $3 & Up
Dried Rosemary $3 & Up
Dried Chives $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.