Decadent Chocolate Oatmeal Recipe Is Ready in Less Than 10 Minutes by 30Seconds Food
Chocolate oatmeal? Yum! Whether you consider it breakfast or dessert, you can sweeten up your day with this easy, delicious chocolate oatmeal recipe. It has a whole banana in it, so yes, it's actually good for you!
If you're someone who fights sugar cravings, two of the foods that may help reduce sugar cravings are oatmeal and dark chocolate. So this easy chocolate oatmeal recipe hits on both notes.
This easy chocolate oatmeal is made with healthy rolled oats, milk, a banana, a little cocoa powder and vanilla. The ingredients are simmered in a saucepot until soft and creamy. You can sweeten the oatmeal up with honey, brown sugar or maple syrup, if you'd like. Top the chocolatey oatmeal with a little dark chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate.
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 6 minutes
Total Time: 8 minutes
Servings: 1 to 2
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup milk or nut milk
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- dash of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- honey, brown sugar, maple syrup (optional)
- dark chocolate pieces or dark chocolate chips, for serving (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Put the oats, milk, banana, cocoa powder, salt and vanilla into a small pot.
- Cook over medium heat for about 5 to 6 minutes, stirring often. Sweeten with honey, maple syrup or brown sugar, if desired.
- Top with some dark chocolate chips when serving.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.