Southern Peanut Soup Recipe: This Easy Virginia Peanut Soup Recipe Is a Southern Delicacy by 30Seconds Food
Peanut soup is considered a southern delicacy in some parts, and dates back in America to the early 1700s. It's a mystery how this soup became so popular in some areas, especially in Virginia. Try this easy peanut soup recipe at home and see what you think.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups natural peanut butter
- 1 - 2 teaspoons hot sauce (or to taste)
- 2 limes, juiced
- chopped peanuts, for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the onion in the butter in a soup pot until soft, about 5 to 6 minutes. Add the flour and cook about 2 minutes, stirring.
- Add the chicken broth and whisk until smooth.
- Add the cream, peanut butter, hot sauce and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper. Whisk to combine and heat through.
- Ladle into soup bowls and garnish with the chopped peanuts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Soup Pots $10 & Up
Whisks $5 & Up
Soup Bowls $8 & Up
Natural Peanut Butter $3 & Up
Peanuts $3 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Flour $3 & Up
Hot Sauce $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.