The Best Egg Drop Soup Recipe: This Easy Egg Drop Soup Recipe Is Ready in 15 Minutes by 30Seconds Food
Egg drop soup is a Chinese soup that has ribbons of eggs in a flavorful chicken broth. This easy egg drop soup recipe is ready in 15 minutes.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger or 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- chopped green onions, for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the broth, cornstarch, ginger and garlic powder in a large soup pot. Whisk until combined. Bring to a simmer.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl. Whisk.
- When broth starts to simmer, use a spoon and make a "tornado" in the water by carefully stirring the broth in a circular motion. Slowly start pouring in the eggs. Cook until ribbons form.
- Turn off the heat. Add the sesame oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add more garlic powder, sesame oil and ginger, if needed.
- Spoon into bowls and garnish with chopped green onions.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Soup Pots $10 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Sesame Oil $3 & Up
Cornstarch $2 & Up
Garlic Powder $3 & Up
Ground Ginger $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.