Easy Cabbage Rolls Recipe: This Asian-Inspired Cabbage Rolls Recipe Is So Easy to Make & Low-Carb by 30Seconds Food
"These are everything! Ultra flavorful, super fun to eat, impressive and way easier than they look!" says Rachel Maser, mom of four and founder/creator of the clean eating blog, Clean Food Crush®. "I love everything about Asian-Inspired foods, and wanted to give cabbage rolls a try at home. Please don’t be intimated. They come together pretty quickly, and quite beautiful. Cabbage rolls are fabulous for those watching their carbohydrates and looking for a satisfying, tasty, protein-packed meal idea."
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 large head green cabbage
- 2 pounds ground turkey or ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons freshly peeled and minced ginger
- 4 fresh garlic cloves, minced or grated
- 1 small onion, finely grated
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste (about 1/4 teaspoon each)
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos, tamari, Bragg liquid aminos or low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes or 1 red chili pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 bunch green onions or fresh cilantro leaves, chopped and divided
- sesame seeds
Here's how to make it:
- To prep the cabbage, fill half of a large stockpot with water and bring to a boil. Using a knife, carefully remove the root end of the cabbage as shown in the photos.
- Very carefully place the cabbage into the boiling water and allow it to quickly par boil for just 3-4 minutes. Carefully drain the water completely and allow the cabbage to cool until ready to handle. Gently remove the leaves out from the cabbage head.
- To make the filling, in a large bowl, combine ground meat, ginger, garlic, grated onion, coconut aminos, honey, chili flakes and half the green onion or cilantro. Season with a pinch of sea salt and pepper and stir thoroughly until well combined.
- To assemble the rolls, lay a cabbage leaf on top of a clean board then add 1 tablespoon of meat mixture at the root end. Start rolling it from that very end, folding in the sides as shown to create your cabbage roll.
- Place the cabbage roll in a steamer basket. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- In the same stockpot as earlier bring water to a boil, and set your steamer basket with the rolls inside. Steam until the meat is cooked through, about 15-18 minutes.
- Serve with remaining green onions or fresh cilantro, sesame seeds and dip into coconut aminos.
Photos: Clean Food Crush
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Steamer Baskets $10 & Up
Coconut Aminios $4 & Up
Tamari $3 & Up
Bragg Amino Acids $5 & Up
Low Sodium Soy Sauce $3 & Up
Raw Honey $6 & Up
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes $3 & Up
Sesame Seeds $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.