Amish Friendship Bread Recipe: How to Bake the Bread Created From Your Amish Friendship Bread Starter by Donna John
If you took care of your Amish friendship bread starter for 10 days, then you are ready to bake the bread. Here's the easy Amish friendship bread recipe and how to pass starters on to friends and family.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
- contents of Amish friendship bread starter bag
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup oil or 1/2 cup oil and 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 1 large box instant vanilla pudding mix
Here's how to make it:
- Pour the contents of the starter bag into a non-metal bowl.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups flour, 1 1/2 cups sugar and 1 1/2 cups milk.
- Measure out four separate batters of 1 cup each into four gallon-size zipper bags. Keep a starter for yourself and give the other three to friends and family along with a copy of the recipe and the directions (you can print one here). If you don't pass these on to friends on Day 1, be sure to mush the bags as needed and tell your friends what day the bag is on when you give it to them. It is helpful to mark the day on the bag.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. To the remaining batter in the bowl, add the ingredients listed above.
- Grease two large loaf pans. Combine 1/2 cup sugar and 1 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon in a separate bowl. Dust the pans with this cinnamon-sugar mixture. Pour in the batter and top with the remaining cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Bake for 1 hour. Cool until the bread loosens from the pan, about 10 minutes, and then turn the bread out onto a plate. Serve warm or cold.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Loan Pans $9 & Up
Plastic Zipper Bags $3 & Up
Flour $3 & Up
Sugar $3 & Up
Vegetable Oil $3 & Up
Applesauce $2 & Up
Instant Vanilla Pudding $2 & Up
Cinnamon $3 & Up
Vanilla Extract $4 & Up
Baking Powder $2 & Up
Baking Soda $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.