Remoulade Shrimp Pasta Salad Recipe Is Creamy Cajun Goodness by Donna John
When the flavors of remoulade sauce mingle with plump shrimp and pasta, the result is Cajun magic in your mouth. One bite and you'll be hooked on this creamy remoulade shrimp salad recipe. And it's so easy to make!
To make this creamy Cajun shrimp pasta salad recipe you will need the following ingredients: shell pasta, mayonnaise, creole mustard, ketchup, prepared horseradish, hot sauce, Cajun seasoning, celery, green onions, red bell pepper and fresh shrimp. This easy remoulade shrimp pasta salad recipe works as a main dish or side dish. I've taken it took potlucks and cookouts, and always get recipe requests.
Not sure to how clean shrimp? Here's a step-by-step guide:
- Rinse the shrimp under cold water.
- If you bought shrimp with heads on, carefully remove the head (some recipes do call for shrimp with heads on).
- Carefully remove the legs.
- Remove the shell.
- You can remove the tail now or leave it on. That is based on personal preference and the recipe you are making.
- Carefully run a sharp knife just on the surface of the back and rinse out the vein.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 package (12 ounces) medium shell pasta
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise (I used Hellman's Real Mayonnasie)
- 2 tablespoons Creole mustard (I used Zatarain's Creole Mustard)
- 2 tablespoons ketchup (I used Heinz Ketchup)
- 1 - 1 1/2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoons hot sauce (I used Tabasco sauce)
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning (I used Tony Chachere's Original Creole Seasoning)
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 pound shrimp, peeled, deveined and cooked
- I bought raw shrimp and boiled them in water with some Cajun seasoning, and then used that same water to boil the pasta for added flavor.
- Taste the pasta salad and add more horseradish, Cajun seasoning, hot sauce, mustard, etc., to fit your tastes.
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the pasta according to package directions for al dente.
- Combine the mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup, horseradish, hot sauce and Cajun seasoning in a large bowl.
- Mix well.
- Add the celery, green onions, bell pepper and shrimp.
- Mix well.
- Add the pasta and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.