The Easiest Corned Beef & Cabbage Recipe: Make This Easy Corned Beef Recipe for St. Patrick's Day by 30Seconds Food
Corned beef and cabbage is a simple recipe to make. This is one of the easiest corned beef and cabbage recipes you'll find – and one of the tastiest. Why not surprise your family with this easy recipe on St. Patrick's Day?
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 3 - 3 1/2 hours
- 1 corned beef brisket (3 to 4 pounds)
- 2 bay leaves
- spice packet from the corned beef package (optional)
- 2 pounds red or white potatoes, cut in half if large
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 head cabbage, cut into wedges
Here's how to make it:
- Place the corned beef, bay leaves and seasoning pack (if using) into a Dutch oven. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer about 2 1/2 hours.
- Add the potatoes, onions and celery. Continue to cook about 30 more minutes.
- Add the cabbage and continue to cook until potatoes are tender.
- Remove the corned beef, shred and return to the pot. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Dutch Ovens $20 & Up
Ireland Travel Guides $6 & Up
Bay Leaves $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.