Delicious Mushroom & Pea Risotto Recipe: This Creamy 30-Minute Risotto Recipe Is an Italian Favorite by 30Seconds Food
Risotto is a creamy rice dish that originated in Northern Italy. Risotto can be a side dish or served as a main dish. This easy mushroom and peas risotto recipe would match well with grilled chicken or beef.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 to 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 to 30 minutes
- 4 - 5 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced fine
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 stick butter
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the chicken broth in a saucepot on low heat.
- In a soup pot, heat the olive oil and cook the onions until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds more. Add the mushrooms and cook until they begin to brown and are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the rice to the pot and cook, stirring, about 2 minutes. Add the wine and cook until it's almost all evaporated, about 2 minutes.
- Start adding the broth, a 1/2 cup at a time. Cook until it is absorbed then add another 1/2 cup. After adding about 3 cups of the broth, taste the rice and see if it is tender. If not, continue adding broth until rice is done.
- When rice is tender, stir in the peas and cook about 2 minutes.
- Remove the rice from the heat and stir in the grated Parmesan and butter. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Mix well. Garnish with additional grated Parmesan cheese.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Saucepots $8 & Up
Soup Pots $10 & Up
Risotto Cookbooks $5 & Up
Arborio Rice $4 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.