Easy Earthquake Cake Recipe: This Insanely-Delicious Chocolate Cake Recipe Is an Explosion of Decadent Flavors by Donna John
This over-the-top, insanely-delicious earthquake cake recipe gets its name because the ingredients shift while baking. It turns out as beautiful as it is yummy.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 to 50 minutes
Total Time: 55 to 60 minutes
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 box German Chocolate cake mix, plus ingredients to make it
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Here's how to make it:
- Sprinkle the coconut and chocolate chips on the bottom of a 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Spread over the top of the coconut, pecans and chocolate chips.
- In a bowl, mix together the butter, cream cheese, vanilla and powdered sugar. Dollop this mixture over the top of the cake.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for 45-50 minutes.
Video: TheIdeaRoom.net (YouTube)
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
13x9-inch Baking Pans $9 & Up
Recipe File Boxes $5 & Up
German Chocolate Cake Mixes $1 & Up
Powdered Sugar $3 & Up
Vanilla Extract $4 & Up
Coconut $3 & Up
Chopped Pecans $4 & Up
Chocolate Chips $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.