Sweet Potato Pie Recipe: This Southern Staple Can Share the Spotlight With That Other Pie This Thanksgiving by 30Seconds Food
- 1 single pie crust
- 2 sweet potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds), peeled and cubed
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- dash of salt
Here's how to make it:
- Boil the sweet potatoes until tender, about 12-15 minutes. Drain well, return to the pot and mash until smooth. Cool.
- In a bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Add the milk, eggs, 2 cups of the mashed sweet potatoes, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and dash of salt. Mix well.
- Pour into a pie crust. Bake in a preheated 425-degree F oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F and bake 30-35 minutes more, or until set. Cool completely. Serve with whipped cream.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Pie Plates $5 & Up
Ground Cinnamon $3 & Up
Granulated Sugar $3 & Up
Evaporated Milk $2 & Up
Vanilla $4 & Up
Ground Nutmeg $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.