The Best Mississippi Pot Roast Recipe (It Went Viral for Good Reason) by Donna John
This easy Mississippi pot roast recipe went viral – and for good reason. The savory beef roast recipe takes minutes to throw into a slow cooker and the payoff is a tender roast with a flavor-packed gravy.
Serve this easy pot roast recipe over mashed potatoes or with rice to soak up the gravy (you'll thank us later).
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 6 to 8 hours in a slow cooker
Total Time: 6 to 8 hours and 10 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6, depending on size of roast
- 1 beef roast
- 1 package dry ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 package dry au jus mix
- 1/2 - 1 stick butter (depending on the size of the roast)
- 5 - 10 pepperoncini peppers (depending on the size of the roast)
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup liquid from pepperoncini peppers (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Put the roast into a slow cooker. Sprinkle both sides with the ranch dressing mix and au jus mix. Top with the butter and peppers.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 6 to 8 hours, depending on how big the roast is.
- Taste the gravy when roast is done. Add some of the pepperoncini liquid if you feel it needs thinning.
- Shred the meat using two forks.
- Serve over mashed potatoes or with white rice.
Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Slow Cookers $20 & Up
Pepperoncini Peppers $3 & Up
Dry Ranch Dressing Mix $2 & Up
Au Jus Mix $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.