Chef Melissa Cookston's Southern Deviled Eggs With Chive-Truffle Vinaigrette Recipe Is a Southern Staple – Elevated by 30Seconds Food
"Deviled eggs are among the most Southern of items, and you absolutely must have a recipe available to you," says Melissa Cookston, celebrity chef and judge on Netflix’s food show, American Barbecue Showdown. "Take heart, they’re exceedingly simple. However, sometimes you need to freshen up a classic recipe, and the addition of a simple, chive-truffle vinaigrette takes them to a whole new level.”
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped chives
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon white truffle oil
Here's how to make them:
- To make the eggs, cut eggs in half and separate yolks. With a fork, break up yolks, then add relish, mayo and salt and pepper. Adjust seasonings or mayo if stuffing looks too dry. If you're being fancy, place egg yolk stuffing in a piping bag and pipe into eggs. Otherwise, you can just spoon the stuffing back into the eggs. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to firm up.
- To make the vinaigrette, if you like whisking a lot, you can make this in a small bowl with a whisk. I prefer using a blender, an immersion blender or a food processor (depending on how much I am making).
- In a separate container, pour olive oil and truffle oil together. Add all ingredients except oils to bowl and whisk or blend thoroughly. While blending, slowly drizzle oil blend into dressing to form an emulsion.
- Either using a squeeze bottle or a spoon, drizzle vinaigrette dressing over eggs. Serve.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Immersion Blenders $15 & Up
Blenders $20 & Up
Food Processors $20 & Up
Mayonnaise $3 & Up
Sweet Pickle Relish $2 & Up
Champagne Vinegar $3 & Up
Honey $4 & Up
Dijon Mustard $2 & Up
Olive Oil $4
White Truffle Oil $10 & Up
Kosher Salt $2 & Up
Black Pepper $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.