Easy Char Siu Sauce Recipe: 5-Ingredient Sweet Chinese Barbecue Sauce Recipe by Donna John
When I made Chef Hiroaki Mitsui's quarantine ramen recipe, my protein of choice was pork. To add flavor to the pork chops, they were marinated a few hours in this homemade char siu sauce. Amazing! They were the star of the dish. This versatile sauce is now in my lineup for roasted chicken, pork loin, pork chops, pulled pork sandwiches, shrimp, tofu and even as a sauce for fried rice and eggrolls. How will you use it?
Prep Time: 0 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes if using as sauce
Total Time: 5 minutes if using as sauce
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (I used lite soy sauce)
- 3 tablespoons sherry cooking wine
- 1 teaspoon Chinese 5 spice powder
Here's how to make it:
- If using for a marinade, combine all ingredients in a bowl. Pour over your protein and allow to marinate for a few hours before cooking.
- If using as a sauce, combine all ingredients in a small pot and bring to a simmer. Serve warm as a dipping sauce.
Photo: The pork chops after being cooking in this homemade char siu sauce.
Photo: The pork sliced on top of homemade quarantine ramen.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Hoisin Sauce $3 & Up
Honey $4 & Up
Soy Sauce $3 & Up
Lite Soy Sauce $3 & Up
5 Spice Powder $3 & Up
Sherry Cooking Wine $3 & Up
Char Siu Sauce $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.