Easy Korean BBQ Beef Tacos Recipe: This Delicious Korean Barbecue Beef Taco Recipe Celebrates Asian Flavors by Sara Haas RDN
Korean food is so in right now, and for good reason: it's delicious. Why not meld this trendy and tasty food into your taco night? Here's an easy Korean barbecue beef taco recipe from Taco! Taco! Taco! The Ultimate Taco Cookbook.
Prep Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 30 minutes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 green onions, light and green parts only, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup mirin (or 1/2 teaspoon sugar per tablespoon rice vinegar)
- 1/2 cup pear juice or pineapple juice
- 1 pound sirloin steak or beef tenderloin, thinly sliced against the grain
Here's how to make it:
- To make the marinade, combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Whisk to combine. Reserve 1/2 cup. Transfer the remaining marinade to a gallon-size, sealable plastic bag. Add the beef, press out any excess air from the bag, then seal and turn to coat. Marinate for at least an hour and up to 12 hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat or set a grill pan over medium-high heat. If using the grill, clean the grill grates and brush them with oil. If using a grill pan, coat pan lightly with oil.
- Remove beef from the marinade and pat dry. Discard the marinade. Thread beef onto skewers. Grill 2-3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove beef from skewers and serve family style with warmed tortillas, shredded lettuce, shredded carrots and kimchi. Use extra reserved marinade for serving.
Note: If using wooden skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes before using. This recipe can also be prepared without using skewers. The skewers simply make it easier to handle the beef while it’s on the hot grill. To make slicing the beef easier, freeze it for at least one hour and up to two hours. Serves four.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Funny Taco T-shirt $19 - $25
Sesame Oil $3 & Up
Vegetable Oil $3 & Up
Honey $4 & Up
Low-Sodium Soy Sauce $3 & Up
Mirin $5 & Up
White Sugar $3 & Up
Rice Wine Vinegar $3 & Up
Pear Juice $4 & Up
Pineapple Juice $3 & Up
Wooden Skewers $4 & Up
Metal Skewers $8 & Up
Flour Tortillas $3 & Up
Kimchi $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.