20-Minute Creamy Pasta Carbonara Recipe With Crispy Bacon by 30Seconds Food
This classic pasta carbonara recipe originated in Rome and is Italy's version of bacon and eggs. Ready in about 20 minutes, this creamy and delicious spaghetti carbonara recipe will become a family favorite.
Serve this easy carbonara recipe with a salad and lots of extra grated Parmesan cheese. Don't forget the garlic bread!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 8 ounces spaghetti, cooked according to package directions
- 1/2 cup reserved pasta water
- 2 eggs
- 4 - 5 slices thick bacon, diced, or 1/2 cup cubed prosciutto
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- chopped fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley
Here's how to make it:
- Whisk together the eggs and Parmesan cheese in a bowl. Set aside.
- Cook the bacon or prosciutto in a skillet until crispy. Add the garlic and cook another 30 seconds.
- Add the pasta and egg mixture. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Slowly add reserved pasta water, about 1 tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency is reached. Garnish with parsley and additional Parmesan cheese.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Spaghetti Noodles $1 & Up
Pasta Pots $10 & Up
Parmesan Cheese Graters $6 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.