Traditional Bread Stuffing for Thanksgiving: Here's Your Go-To Recipe for the Holiday Season by 30Seconds Food
Cornbread stuffing isn't the only stuffing you can invite to the party. Try this traditional bread stuffing recipe as a side dish or use it in your turkey.
- 1 pound white bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, diced
- 5 - 6 ribs celery, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 2 large eggs
Here's how to make it:
- Put the bread cubes on a baking sheet. Bake in a 250-degree F oven for about 1 hour to dry out. Cool. Increase oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- Cook the onion and celery in the butter until soft and beginning to brown.
- Combine the chicken broth and eggs in a bowl until well blended. Set aside.
- Put the bread cubes into a large bowl. Add the cooked celery and onions, chicken broth-egg mixture, parsley, poultry seasoning and salt and pepper, to taste. Mix gently to combine.
- Pour into a 13x9-inch baking pan. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for about 30 minutes. Uncover and bake another 30-40 minutes longer, or until golden brown.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Baking Pans $10 & Up
Mrs. Cubbison's Best Stuffing Cookbook: Sensational Stuffings for Poultry, Meats, Fish, Side Dishes and More $21
Low Sodium Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Poultry Seasoning $3 & Up
Aluminum Foil $3 & Up
Baking Sheets $6 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.