30-Minute Fresh Heirloom Tomato Tart Recipe With Lemon, Herbs & Ricotta by Chef Gigi
I love fresh tomatoes. This heirloom tomato tart recipe made with puff pastry, lemon and fresh herb ricotta cheese is a perfect meal in less than 30 minutes.
This easy and delicious tomato tart recipe is perfect served with (or without) a glass of Sauvignon blanc. Cheers!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 6 to 8
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley, chopped fine
- 1 small bunch fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- heirloom tomatoes, sliced 1/4- to 1/2-inch thick
- extra virgin olive oil
- balsamic glaze
Here’s how to make it:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F degrees. Line the backside of a large baking sheet with parchment paper that has been lightly sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Unwrap the puff pastry and unfold onto the prepared baking sheet. Using a fork, poke deep holes into the dough with the exception of a 1/2-inch perimeter around the edges. This will prevent the dough from rising in the center, consequently giving your tart a beautiful border. Bake the pastry for about 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine the ricotta, lemon juice, zest, thyme, big pinch of the chopped parsley and salt and pepper, to taste. Mix well. Spread mixture onto the top of the cooled puff pastry crust.
- Top with sliced tomatoes and garnish with additional parsley, thyme, fresh basil leaves and a very light drizzle of olive oil and balsamic glaze. Sprinkle the top of the tart with the desired amount of black pepper and kosher salt.
- Add Parmesan cheese or fresh mozzarella.
- Add any of your favorite herbs or sprinkle with your favorite salad dressings.
- You can also cook the tomato with the puff pastry, and then add the cheese after cooling.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Nonstick Cooking Spray $3 & Up
Extra Virgin Olive Oil $4 & Up
Heirloom Tomato Seeds $5 & Up
Parchment Paper $4 & Up
White Wine Glasses $10 & Up
Red Wine Glasses $10 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.