Healthy Edamame & White Bean Salad Recipe With Zesty Lemon Herb Vinaigrette by Donna John
You can never have too many healthy salad recipes up your sleeve. This healthy edamame and white bean salad with a zesty dressing is packed with fresh herbs and vegetables. Edamame and cannellini beans are nutritional powerhouses that are high in protein, antioxidants and fiber, which is why this salad fills you up with nutrition while helping to boost your weight loss goals.
Try this quick edamame and bean salad at your next cookout or potluck, or for a light and tasty meal anytime. This bean salad recipe is also great for meal prep, too, because it stays fresh and crispy unlike some salad recipes.
Here is your shopping list for this powerhouse salad: frozen edamame, a can of cannellini beans or great northern beans, cherry tomatoes, olive oil, celery, shallots, red onion, red wine vinegar, lemon zest, parsley, fresh oregano and garlic. All the ingredients are combined in a mixing bowl, toss and seasoned with salt and pepper. Quick and easy!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 8 to 10
- 2 cups shelled frozen edamame, thawed
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans or great northern beans, rinsed and drained well
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Be sure to rinse the white beans well to remove any "canned" taste from them.
- You could whisk all the vinaigrette ingredients together in a separate bowl before adding to the beans.
Here's how to make it:
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Mix gently.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Taste and adjust other dressing ingredients, if needed.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.