Quick Roasted Salsa Verde Recipe: This Tomatillo Salsa Recipe Puts the Jarred Green Salsa to Shame by 30Seconds Food
2 years ago
Add to collection
Salsa verde can be used in recipes, as a topping for Mexican dishes and as a dip with tortilla chips or vegetables. Adjust the ingredients to fit your family's tastes.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 6 minutes
Total Time: 16 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds tomatillos, husks removed, rinsed well and cut in half
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 large jalapeno pepper (remove seeds for less heat)
Here’s how to make it:
- Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Put the tomatillo halves on the sheet along with the garlic. Broil for about 6 minutes, or until they begin to lightly char.
- Put the tomatillos and garlic, lime juice, cilantro, onion and jalapeno into a blender. Season with salt and pepper. Pulse until smooth.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Mortar and Pestles $7 & Up
Molcajetes $20 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.