Chinese Sweet & Sour Sauce Recipe: This 5-Minute Recipe Will Make You Toss Those Little Packets by 30Seconds Food
After you see how easy it is to make homemade sweet and sour sauce, you'll throw out those packets you get with your takeout egg rolls. Serve this recipe as a dip with wonton chips, egg rolls or chicken nuggets, or use it has a glaze for chicken or pork. If you want some heat, toss in a hot pepper or some red pepper flakes.
Prep Time: 0 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- red food coloring (optional)
Here’s how to make it:
- Put the pineapple juice, brown sugar, vinegar, soy sauce and ketchup into a pot. Bring to a boil.
- Combine the water and cornstarch until smooth. Pour it into the sauce when it comes to a boil. Stir and cook about 1 minute.
- Add about 3 drops of red food coloring, if desired. Cool sauce and store in an airtight container.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.