Trout Recipes: This Easy Trout Almondine Recipe Is Ready in About 15 Minutes by Gwen Johnson
This easy trout almondine recipe is a healthy way to add to the seafood section in your recipe box. If you can't find trout, catfish, haddock, pollack, redfish, striped bass or whitefish are good substitutes.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 4 trout fillets
- olive oil
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds or whole almonds, coarsely chopped
- 2 lemons, juiced and zested
- chopped parsley, for garnish (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Add a little olive oil to a nonstick skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Season the fish with salt and pepper and place in the skillet, skin side up. Reduce heat to medium and cook about 4 minutes. Flip the fish over and continue to cook another 2-3 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove from the skillet.
- To the same skillet, add a little olive oil and the almonds. Cook, stirring, until almonds begin to brown, about 1-2 minutes. Add the lemon juice and zest and heat through. Pour over the fish fillets. Garnish with parsley and serve.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Sliced Almonds $6 & Up
Whole Almonds $4 & Up
Fish Spatulas $5 & Up
Fish Cookbooks $4 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.