Fluffy Gingerbread Pancakes Recipe Is What Breakfast Is All About by Chef Gigi
This gingerbread pancakes recipe is good any morning, but imagine waking up to a stack of them on Christmas Day. Nice thought, right? Gingerbread just smells like the holidays!
These fluffy gingerbread pancakes have all the spices we love: ginger, cinnamon, allspice, cloves and nutmeg. The batter is sweetened with brown sugar and molasses, and gets a little twang from the buttermilk. The combination is craveworthy!
Serve these aromatic spiced pancakes with butter, maple syrup, honey or pancake syrup. Be sure to make enough for seconds (or thirds!).
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/3 cup unsulfured regular molasses
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 lemon, finely zested
Here's how to make it:
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk buttermilk, half and half, molasses, eggs, melted butter, fresh ginger and lemon zest until well combined. Slowly whisk in the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients until combined and lump free.
- Heat a lightly greased griddle or nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Drop the pancakes into the pan by the quarter cup, leaving room to expand. Cook until bubbles form on the surface and it browns on the bottom, 1 to 2 minutes. Carefully flip and repeat.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets $10 & Up
Molasses $4 & Up
Ginger $4 & Up
Cinnamon $3 & Up
Allspice $4 & Up
Ground Cloves $3 & Up
Nutmeg $4 & Up
Dark Brown Sugar $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.