Creamy Olive Hummus Recipe: A Spooky & Healthy Halloween Snack by 30Seconds Food
Everyone may rethink the sugar for just a minute on Halloween when they can take a dip into this creepy olive hummus. With healthy ingredients and easy prep, this will be a new family favorite at Halloween and beyond.
Serve this easy olive hummus recipe with vegetables, pita chips, bread sticks or crackers.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained (reserve liquid from the can)
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3/4 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 3/4 cup green olives stuffed with pimento
- 2 regular black olives (for spider garnish)
- sour cream or whipped cream cheese (for web garnish)
Here’s how to make it:
- Add the chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice and garlic to a blender. Pulse until very smooth. Add a little of the reserved chickpea liquid, if needed.
- Add the olives and pulse until well combined. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Spoon mixture into a bowl.
- Cut the regular black olives to create a spider.
- Put the sour cream or cream cheese into a plastic sandwich bag and cut the tip off to create a piping bag. Squeeze a web shape onto the hummus. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.