Turn Up the Flavor With This Easy Roasted Kohlrabi & Parmesan Recipe! by Chef Gigi Gaggero, Our 30Second's Resident Chef
Kohlrabi, also called German turnip, is the same species as cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, kale and brussels sprouts. Kohlrabi is perfect for fall and winter. It's a healthy vegetable high in vitamin C and a great source of antioxidants. Try this easy recipe!
- 8 - 10 medium kohlrabi
- extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 - 6 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons thyme leaves
Here's how to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Put the kohlrabi on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for about 1 1/2-2 hours, or until charred on the outside and tender on the inside. Remove and allow to cool slightly, and then peel.
- Arrange the kohlrabi on a serving platter. Generously drizzle with olive oil and season again with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with the cheese and thyme. Serve warm.
Photos: FarmFresh to You