Turn Up the Flavor With This Easy Roasted Kohlrabi & Parmesan Recipe! by Chef Gigi
Vegetables Side Dishes
4 years ago
Add to collection
Kohlrabi, also called German turnip, is the same species as cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, kale and brussels sprouts. Kohlrabi is perfect for fall and winter. It's a healthy vegetable high in vitamin C and a great source of antioxidants. Try this easy recipe!
- 8 - 10 medium kohlrabi
- extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 - 6 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons thyme leaves
Here's how to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Put the kohlrabi on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for about 1 1/2-2 hours, or until charred on the outside and tender on the inside. Remove and allow to cool slightly, and then peel.
- Arrange the kohlrabi on a serving platter. Generously drizzle with olive oil and season again with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with the cheese and thyme. Serve warm.
Photos: FarmFresh to You