Fresh Tomato & Fennel Soup Recipe: An Elevated Take on a Family Classic (and the Perfect Recipe for Those Summer Tomatoes) by Shauna Flury
Nothing is as comforting as a bowl of tomato soup. This version is elevated with the addition of fennel. Serve with crackers, breadsticks or crostini for dipping. Did you know that the lycopene in tomatoes may help prevent sun damage?
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes (approximately), plus extra for decoration
- 1/4 cup fennel
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar or rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves (reserve some for decoration)
Here's how to make it:
- Put the tomatoes (not tomato paste), fennel, garlic and basil in a steamer basket and steam.
- When the tomatoes, garlic and basil are cooked, add the remaining ingredients and use a blender or immersion blender to bring to desired texture.
- Add diced tomatoes and reserved basil leaves to the surface for decoration. Serve warm.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Steamer Baskets $6 & Up
Immersion Blenders $12 & Up
Sherry Vinegar $3 & Up
Rice Wine Vinegar $2 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Tomato Paste $1 & Up
Blenders $25 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.