Quick & Easy Spinach Soup: A Heartwarming Meal for a Rainy Day by Shauna Flury
Spinach is great for the digestive track – it contains fiber, potassium and calcium, as well as magnesium. This creamy spinach soup can be served hot or cold. Serve with pita, breadsticks or butter crackers. For toddlers, I suggest breadsticks or butter crackers to dip into the soup and to make mealtime fun. For adults you can use toast points or top with croutons. Remember, always check with your pediatrician before introducing new foods to your child.
- 4 cups spinach, sliced and packed
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream (can substitute cow or goat milk or unsweetened vegan milk, but soup will be thinner)
- pinch salt
- 1/2 clove garlic, finely chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup tomatoes, cubed (optional)
Here’s how to make it:
- In a small pot or in a steamer basket, steam the spinach (add tomatoes and/or garlic, if using, on the top of the spinach). Cook until fully wilted.
- When the spinach, garlic and tomatoes are cooked, put them in a mini food blender or use a hand immersion blender to puree, reserving the cooking liquid from the steaming process.
- Add the heavy cream, salt and some of the cooking liquid to bring the soup to the desired consistency. Blend.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.