Baba Ganoush: This Eggplant Dip Is a Quick & Healthy Snack by Shauna Flury
Both my daughter and I love this baba ganoush dip with pita bread, but you can use crackers or toast points for a quick and easy snack. I use a baby food maker with steam and pulse function, but you can just steam in a pot and puree with a mini chopper. Enjoy!
- 1 cup eggplant, sliced
- 1/3 cup red pepper, sliced
- 1/3 cup green pepper, sliced
- 2 tablespoons basil or cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
Here’s how to make it:
- Steam the peppers and eggplant about 5-8 minutes or until eggplant is soft. Discard the cooking liquid.
- Add the basil or cilantro and olive oil. Blend until desired consistency is reached. (We like ours a bit chunky, but it’s up to you!)
- Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil, if desired, before serving.