Blueberry Lemon Loaf Recipe: A Chef Shares Her Killer Recipe for Lemon Blueberry Bread by 30Seconds Food
The flavor combination of lemons and blueberries is simply mouth-watering. That's why this delicious blueberry lemon loaf recipe shared by chef Zipora Einav, author of “Recipe for a Delicious Life,” is just so killer. The zest of lemon combined with the sweetness of blueberry blends perfectly to create a delicious lemon blueberry bread that you'll want for breakfast, snack or dessert.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 65 to 70 minutes
Total Time: 95 to 100 minutes
Servings: Makes 1 loaf
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon peel
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Here’s how to make it:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8.5x4-inch bread pan with olive oil.
- In a bowl, mix flour, salt and baking powder.
- In another bowl, combine the sugar and lemon peel. Rub together with your fingers until the mixture feels like sand. Then add to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- In a second bowl, combine the buttermilk, coconut oil, eggs, lemon juice and vanilla extract. Mix well and then slowly add to the dry ingredients. Gently fold in the fresh blueberries, and don’t over-mix.
- Pour the mixture into the bread pan. Bake 65-70 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on rack for 15 minutes, then remove the cake from the loaf and continue to cool.
- To make the lemon glaze: In a bowl, mix the powdered sugar and lemon juice. Spread onto the cooled blueberry loaf.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.