5-Ingredient Shortcut Corn Chowder Recipe Is Ready In 10 Minutes by Donna John
Cooler weather means soup, chili and chowder season. With five ingredients and less than 20 minutes, you can have a hearty chowder on the table. What's better than that on a cold, winter day? This easy corn chowder recipe has minimal prep and cooks in 10 minutes!
To make this five-ingredient shortcut corn chowder recipe you will need a can of cream-style corn, whole milk, frozen hash brown potatoes, green onions and bacon. The soup cooks up in about five minutes on the stovetop. So quick and easy!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 can (17 ounces) cream-style corn
- 2 cups whole milk (do not use low-fat milk)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen diced hash brown potatoes
- 1 - 2 green onions or 1/4 cup chopped onion, chopped (I usually do a combination of both)
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Soup Pot
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Soup Bowls
- Salt and Pepper
- Can Opener
- Airtight Containers
- Chopped cooked chicken (a great way to use leftover chicken!) or even shrimp could be added to make it even heartier.
- The creamy soup recipe can be easily doubled.
Here's how to make it:
- Combine all the ingredients in a pot and simmer until slightly thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with additional crumbled bacon and green onion, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 20.4g
Saturated Fat: 8.5g
Total Carbohydrate: 95.5g
Dietary Fiber: 9.4g
Total Sugars: 20.2g
Vitamin D: 98mcg4
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.