Mardi Gras King Cakes: This Shortcut King Cake Recipe Is Ready in 30 Minutes by Holly Budde
La vie douce means "the sweet life!" Make your Mardi Gras a little sweeter with this easy king cake recipe. This shortcut recipe that will make you a genius Mardi Gras cake baker in 30 minutes!
- 1 can refrigerated crescent rolls
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 box powdered sugar (divided)
- powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- warm water
Here’s how to make it:
- Unroll the crescent rolls into one piece. Press together the seams to seal.
- Mix a paste of butter and cinnamon and spread over the dough.
- In a bowl mix together half a box (approximately 8 ounces) of powdered sugar and the softened cream cheese. Drop by teaspoons full on top of the butter mixture, making sure you have it evenly distributed. (You can also add a few teaspoon dollops of pie filling and/or nuts to this step if you want.)
- Roll the dough horizontally. Press the seams together and form a circle on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- While it’s baking, mix the remaining powdered sugar, the vanilla and enough warm water to make a thick glaze.
- Allow cake to cool, then spread the glaze heavily on the cake. Decorate with sprinkles and beads, of course!
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
King Cake Plastic Babies $6 & Up
Purple Sprinkles $3 & Up
Yellow Sprinkles $3 & Up
Green Sprinkles $3 & Up
Mardi Gras Beads $7 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.