Steakhouse Prime Rib Recipe (You Won't Believe the Secret Ingredient) by Margaret Steck
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes per pound
Total Time: 1 1/2 hours (approximately)
Servings: 6 to 8
- 1 (4-rib) standing rib roast
- seasoned salt, for the rib roast
- 1 bag (5 pounds) rock salt (also known as ice cream salt)
Here's how to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pour the rock salt on the bottom of a heavy roasting pan and place a wire rack on top. Sprinkle the fatty cap of the standing rib roast with season salt and place on top of the wire rack (fatty side up). Make sure none of the rock salt is touching the roast.
- Cooking time is approximately 20 minutes per pound. Insert a meat thermometer into the roast, careful not to touch bone. The thermometer should read 130 degrees F for rare or 140 degrees F for medium rare.
- Once the roast is cooked, take it out of the oven and let stand for 20 minutes before carving.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.