Rice Krispies Treats "Drumsticks": How to Get Kids Interested in Cooking This Holiday Season! by Mike S
Preparing holiday desserts is a great way to get kids interested in cooking and to learn about nutrition. I had a lot of fun preparing some Rice Krispies Treats turkey "drumsticks" with my brother.
- Rice Krispies Treats
- pretzel rods
- white chocolate
- dark chocolate
- mini marshmallows (optional)
- candy (optional)
Here's how to make them:
- Melt the dark and/or white chocolate.
- Spread the melted chocolate onto the pretzel stick.
- Shape the Rice Krispies treats around the pretzel to look like a turkey leg.
- Put candy or mini marshmallows, if desired, into the cereal before molding.
Here are three tips to have a successful and fun time:
- Pick a dish that is easy to make and clean up after cooking.
- Prepare all the ingredients beforehand. This makes cooking less hectic.
- Use the time together to discuss nutrition with your kids and let them pick something healthy to match the sweet ingredients.
- Other desserts that are fun and easy to make include fruit salads, cheesecake pops and chocolate-covered fruit. You can also encourage your kids to create their own recipes.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Rice Krispies Treats $4 & Up
Pretzel Rods $3 & Up
White Chocolate $4 & Up
Dark Chocolate $4 & Up
Mini Marshmallows $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.