A Peanut Butter Blossom Cookie Recipe With a Hack for the Holidays! by Ann Marie Gardinier Halstead
If you’re anything like me, you enjoy baking but just don’t have much time for it. I like to include the kids, too, and that adds time, of course. Our favorite cookies to bake (and eat!) are Peanut Butter Blossom cookies (otherwise known as “kiss cookies” in our house). We always make them during the holidays. Several years ago, I found a recipe somewhere that is a big-time saver – you use a peanut butter cookie mix! The cookies taste just as good, you save time and it’s that much easier to do with the kids!
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- peanut butter cookie mix
- 3 dozen Hershey’s milk chocolate kisses
- granulated sugar (to roll cookie balls in)
Here’s how to make it:
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Mix cookie mix, egg, vegetable oil and water in a large bowl (I stir with a spoon first and then use my hands to make sure everything is thoroughly mixed).
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll balls in granulated sugar. Place them 2 inches apart on lightly greased cookie sheet (I use Pam).
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are light brown. After removing from oven, immediately place a Hershey’s kiss into the center of each cookie, pressing down firmly so cookie cracks around edge.
- Cool before letting the kids eat them (though I recommend that you taste a cookie while the chocolate kiss is still melt-y!).
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.