This Sherry-Braised Chicken & Mushrooms Recipe Is Protein Packed by Susan Bowerman, M.S., R.D., CSSD, CSOWM, FAND
This protein-packed, sherry-braised chicken and mushroom recipe is nutritious and ready in less than 30 minutes. Between family obligations, kids’ homework, errands and appointments, today is harder than ever to find time to cook. This recipe combines seared chicken with mushrooms for a healthy and quick meal that will satisfy your hunger, and it will provide all the protein you need in less than 30 minutes. The combination of dry sherry and mushrooms will create the perfect flavor to make your mouth water. Pair it with a spinach salad and brown rice and have a healthy, complete meal for any night of the week.
- 1 pound chicken breast tenders
- small amount of flour, for dredging
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/2 a small onion
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced on a diagonal
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry cooking sherry or white wine
- 1/4 cup dried tarragon
Here’s how to make it:
- Spread flour on a flat work surface. Dip chicken in flour on both sides, set aside, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, then add oil. When hot, add chicken in a single layer and brown on one side. Turn chicken over, continue cooking until cooked through, about 6-7 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate, cover to keep warm, and set aside.
- Add mushrooms, onion and celery to skillet. Cook, stirring, until vegetables are tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add broth, sherry and tarragon, and raise heat to high. Cook and stir until sauce is reduced and thickened to a few tablespoons, about 2 minutes.
- Return chicken to the pan and stir gently to coat with the sherry glaze.
The content on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information on this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider. The opinions or views expressed on 30Seconds.com do not necessarily represent those of 30Seconds or any of its employees, corporate partners or affiliates.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.