Easy Tom Kha Gai Thai Soup Recipe: A Chef In Thailand Shares Her Recipe for Savory Thai Chicken Coconut Milk Soup by Elisa A. Schmitz 30Seconds
Tom Kha Gai is a savory coconut milk soup from Thailand that's loaded with chicken and Thai herbs. I learned how to make it by taking a cooking class from a chef in Thailand, who showed us how to make her easy, delicious recipe. Your taste buds simply won't believe what they're experiencing! This is definitely an exotic recipe, but it's very easy to make and ready in about 20 minutes. Just check out my video!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 small chicken breast, sliced thin
- 2/3 cup (150 milliliters) chicken broth
- 1 cup (200 milliliters) coconut milk (or coconut cream if you want it thicker)
- 1 stalk lemongrass, cut or pounded
- 1 inch of galangal, cut or pounded
- 1 coriander root
- 1 shallot
- 1 chili (or less, depending on amount of spice you like)
- 2 - 3 oyster mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon (or to taste) fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- salt, to taste
- 1 - 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
Here's how to make it:
- Heat chicken broth, then add lemongrass, galangal, coriander, shallot and chili. Cook until they're translucent.
- Add chicken breast, simmer until cooked through.
- Add coconut milk/cream, then add mushrooms.
- Season with fish sauce, sugar, salt to taste.
- Add Kaffir lime leaves and spring onion.
- Turn off heat and pour in lime juice.
- Drop in some chili oil if you want more color and spice.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Thai Cookbooks $3 & Up
Thailand Travel Guides $6 & Up
Chicken Broth $2 & Up
Coconut Milk $2 & Up
Fish Sauce $4 & Up
Kaffir Lime Leaves $6 & Up
Chili Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.