Easy Holiday Fruitcake Cookies Recipe May Make You a Fruitcake Convert by 30Seconds Food
Think you're not a fan of fruitcake? We suggest skipping the cake and trying fruitcake in cookie form instead. In fact, we think you may be a fruitcake convert after trying this easy fruitcake cookie recipe.
These easy holiday fruitcake cookies come together with just 10 minutes of prep time and less than 20 minutes of baking time. So you'll be enjoying these fruity cookies for dessert in just about a half hour!
These easy, delicious fruitcake cookies make a fun holiday gift. Who knows, you may turn your friends and family into fruitcake converts, too!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 18 minutes
Total Time: 28 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pound mixed candied fruit for fruitcake
- 4 cups chopped almonds, pecans, walnuts or pistachios
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup maraschino cherries, chopped
Here’s how to make it:
- Put the sugar and butter into a mixing bowl. With an electric mixer, beat the sugar and butter until fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla to the mixing bowl. Beat well.
- In a bowl, combine the flour and baking soda. Gradually add the dry mixture to the wet ingredients to form dough.
- Stir in the candied fruit, raisins, nuts and cherries.
- Drop dough by spoon full onto baking sheets that have been sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Bake in a preheated 300-degree F oven for about 18 minutes, or until light brown.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.