Best Chicken Vesuvio Recipe: An Easy Chicken Recipe Clouded in Mystery But Not in Flavor by 30Seconds Food
Chicken Vesuvio hails from Chicago, where 30Seconds founder Elisa Schmitz calls home. The dish is simply bone-in chicken with olive oil, white wine, potatoes, garlic, oregano and peas. According to DiningChicago.com, the origins of Chicken Vesuvio are "clouded in mystery," but "the likeliest scenario is that it was named for The Vesuvio, a Wacker Drive restaurant popular in the 1930s." No matter where it came from, this chicken recipe is comfort food at its finest.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, cut in half
- 2 – 3 cups small white potatoes, cut in half or 2 large russet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 chicken, cut up
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 cup frozen peas
Here's how to make it:
- In an oven-proof skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the potatoes and garlic and cook until golden, about 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from the pan leaving the oil.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and add to the skillet, skin side down. Cook until skin is golden brown. Flip and brown the other side.
- Add the wine and chicken stock and simmer until reduced by half.
- Put the potatoes and garlic back into the pan along with the stock, parsley and oregano. Place in the oven.
- Bake in a preheated 325-degree F oven until chicken is cooked through, about 40 minutes, adding the peas during the last 5 minutes of cooking time. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Easy Chicago Cookbook: Authentic Chicago Recipes From the Windy City for Delicious Chicago Cooking $9
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Chicken Stock $1 & Up
Dried Oregano $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.