This Strawberry Shortcake Cookies Recipe Turns That Classic Dessert Into a Cookie by Donna John
This easy cookie recipe is perfect dunked into a glass of milk (maybe strawberry milk?). Be sure to share!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 to 24 minutes
Total Time: 30 to 34 minutes
- 2 cups diced strawberries
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar (divided)
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cut into pieces
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
Here’s how you make it:
- Combine the strawberries, lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of sugar in a bowl. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and remaining sugar.
- Using a pastry cutter or your fingers, cut the butter into the flour mixture until it looks like coarse crumbs. Add the heavy cream and stir to combine. Once it resembles cookie dough, stir in the strawberries.
- Drop by tablespoons full onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven for about 20 to 24 minutes. Remove from the baking sheets onto wax paper.
- For the glaze, combine the powdered sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth. Drizzle over cooled cookies.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.